MVŠO:XBMA Brand Management - Course Information
XBMA Brand ManagementMoravian Business College Olomouc
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/1/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- doc. Ing. Adam Pawliczek, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Ing. Martina Sasínková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. Ing. Adam Pawliczek, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Ing. Martina Sasínková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- Ing. Peter Šedík, Ph.D.
Moravian Business College Olomouc - Moravian Business College Olomouc
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Business Economics and Management (programme MVŠO, 1120)
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course is to teach students to work with an important phenomenon of modern marketing thinking, which is the brand. After finishing the course, the students will be able to: assess the concept of a brand, develop brand strategy, identify the brand, determine its value and market position, the role of trademark in marketing activities that affect the behaviour of consumers, plan and implement marketing programs for the development of the brand, as well as apply the theories and models which are used to make decisions about the brand in complex marketing conditions of the company. Within the tutorial, the students will be practically involved in the process of brand assessment and development through different marketing strategies
- Full-time study:
1. Brand and brand management
2. Types of brands, trademark and brand elements
3. The identity and personality of the brand
4. Brand perception and the relationship of the customer to the brand
5. Customer loyalty to the brand
6. The concept of the value of the brand
7. The value of the brand from the consumer's perspective
8. Sequential steps for building a strong brand
9. Strategic management of the brand
10. Branding in marketing programs of the company
11. Brand research, measurement of the value of the brand, the consumer's opinion
12. Building and maintaining the value of the brand
Teaching is methodically focused on information-receptive methods (description, explanation, storytelling, lecture, interpretation, conversation, discussion). In addition, the practical aspect of actual examples and experience is brought to the classes through participatory methods and action research.
Bloková výuka: I. blok: témata 1. - 6.; II. blok: témata 7. - 12.
Konzultace s vyučujícím osobně přímo na výuce, v konzultačních hodinách, e-mailem, prostřednictvím IS/STAG.
Požadavky na studenta shodné s prezenční formou výuky.
- Full-time study:
- required literature
- KOTLER, Philip a Kevin lane KELLER. Marketing Management. Harlow: Pearson, 2016. ISBN 978-93-325-5718-5. info
- KELLER, Kevin Lane. Strategic Brand Management: Building, Measuring, and Managing Brand Equity. Global ed. Harlow [etc.]: Pearson, 2013. ISBN 978-02-737-7941-4. info
- KAPFERER, Jean-Noël. The New Strategic Brand Management Advanced Insights and Strategic Thinking. London: Kogan Page Publishers, 2012. ISBN 978-07-494-6515-5. info
- recommended literature
- OLINS, Wally. Brand new: nová podoba značek. Praha: Slovart, 2016. ISBN 978-80-752-9047-2. info
- DINNIE, Keith. Nation Branding Concepts, Issues, Practice. London: Routledge, 2016. ISBN 978-11-387-7583-1. info
- ASHWORTH, Gregory, Gary WARNABY a Mihalis KAVARATZIS. Rethinking Place Branding: Comprehensive Brand Development for Cities ans Regions. New York: Springer, 2015. ISBN 978-33-191-2424-7. info
- CHOVANCOVÁ, Miloslava, ASAMOAH, Emmanuel Selase and W.M.C.B. WA. Consumer Behaviour and Branding: A Cross Cultural Perspective. Žilina: GEORG, 2011. ISBN 978-80-894-0158-1. info
- DE CHERNATONY, Leslie. From Brand Vision to Brand Evaluation. Abingdon: Taylor & Francis, 2010. ISBN 978-18-561-7773-3. info
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course can also be completed outside the examination period.