MVŠO:XAMN1 Management 1 - Course Information
XAMN1 Management 1Moravian Business College Olomouc
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/2/0. 5 credit(s). Recommended Type of Completion: z (credit). Other types of completion: zk (examination).
- Ing. Omar Ameir, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Ing. Adam Pawliczek, Ph.D.
Moravian Business College Olomouc - Moravian Business College Olomouc
Supplier department: Moravian Business College Olomouc - Moravian Business College Olomouc
- Tue 9:30–11:00 B2.445, except Tue 5. 4.
- Timetable of Seminar Groups:
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is offered to students of any study field.
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course is to introduce the concept, function and practice of management and a manager himself. After the completion of the course, a student can actively perform basic managerial activities and has the ability to use selected management tools. The student is able to plan a project and, subsequently, implement it using basic management principles at every stage of implementation.
- 1. Introduction to management
- 2. Planning
- 3. Organizing
- 4. Decision-making
- 5. Leadership
- 6. Checking
- 7. Operational management
- 8. Communication
- 9. Introduction to human resources management
- 10. Time management
- 11. Introduction to strategic management
- 12. Introduction to entrepreneurship
- 13. Competition
- required literature
- MATTHEWS, T. Principles and Practices of Management (eBook). MeetCoogle, 2018. 116 pp. ISBN 978-1-370-89639-4. info
- PERERA, R. Introduction to Basic Management. Independently Published, 2017. 192 pp. ISBN 978-1-9731-7811-8. info
- MURUGESAN, G. Principles of Management. Laxmi Publications, 2013. 135 pp. ISBN 978-93-81159-42-2. info
- Assessment methods
- Course credit: carrying out case studies, presentation of news from the field of management, participation in the practical seminars. Examination: 6 seminar papers, the topics being: (Time management, specifying an issue of one‘s own choice and outlining how it could be solved, reflecting the assigned reading, self-assessment tests (4), 2 essays on a topic from the Course content), written preparation + oral examination
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.mvso.cz/course/mvso/leto2022/XAMN1