MVŠO:XASR Social Responsibility - Course Information
XASR Social ResponsibilityMoravian Business College Olomouc
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Martin Fink (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Daniela Navrátilová, Ph.D.
Moravian Business College Olomouc - Moravian Business College Olomouc
Supplier department: Moravian Business College Olomouc - Moravian Business College Olomouc
- Tue 12:15–13:45 B2.445
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Business Economics and Management (programme MVŠO, 1130)
- Course objectives
- Students become familiar with the current concept of social responsibility developed in the world as Business Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), Sustainability. They are introduced to the tools of measuring and evaluating CSR in companies as well as to current world institutions and the movement supporting CSR. In fact, students gain an interdisciplinary insight into key areas of management and economics, develop their ethical thinking in all decision-making processes and procedures as citizens, employees or employers.
- 1. The concept of social responsibility – definition, scope, content.
- 2. Micro level of social responsibility – personal responsibility, intermediate level – Corporate Social Responsibility, macro level – the EU level, worldwide concept.
- 3. Business ethics, code of ethics.
- 4. Measurement and standardisation of the CSR concept. (ISO standards, codes, methodologies).
- 5. Main topics of the social responsibility concept in practice (sustainable development, donation, corporate citizenship, workplace, work-life balance, etc.).
- 6. Economic pillar of CSR – transparency of organizations, demonstration of non-corrupt activities, relations with stakeholders.
- 7. Environmental pillar of CSR.
- 8. Social pillar of CSR.
- 9. Personal manifestations of social responsibility (initiatives, projects in the Czech Republic, activities of non-profit organizations).
- 10. Corporate Social Responsibility according to an organisation size, organisation type – research, results, findings.
- 11. Examples of good practice – CSR concepts of particular organisations.
- 12. Presentation of seminar papers of selected students – analysis of particular concepts of CSR organisations.
- required literature
- FLEMING, P. The End of Corporate Social Responsibility: Crisis & Critique. 1st ed. Los Angeles: Sage, 2013. 144 pp. ISBN 978-1-84920-516-0. info
- MOHIN, T. Changing Business from the Inside Out. 1st ed. London: Routledge, 2012. 280 pp. doi:10.4324/9781351277884. info
- SCHWARTZ, M. S. Corporate Social Responsibility: An Ethical Approach. Peterborough: Broadview Press, 2011. 176 pp. ISBN 978-1-55111-294-7. info
- ISO 26000:2010. Guidance on Social Responsibility. 1st ed. Geneva: International Organization for Standardization, 2010. 106 pp. info
- CRANE, A. et al. (eds). The Oxford Handbook of Corporate Social Responsibility. 1st ed. Oxford University Press, 2009. 608 pp. doi:10.1093/oxfordhb/9780199211593.001.0001. info
- recommended literature
- WALKER, J., A. PEKMEZOVIC and A. WALKER. Sustainable Development Goals: Harnessing Business to Achieve the SDGs through Finance, Technology and Law Reform. 1st ed. Milton: Wiley, 2019. 432 pp. ISBN 978-1-119-54184-4. info
- WEBER, J. and D. M. WASIELESKI. Corporate social responsibility. Bingley, UK: Emerald Publishing Limited, 2018. 343 pp. ISBN 978-1-78754-260-0. info
- Assessment methods
- Active participation in seminars (100%). Submitting a CSR project proposal that meets the project requirements and the expectations of the lecturer. Implementing the project and then defending the project on a selected date at the end of the summer semester.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.mvso.cz/course/mvso/winter2021/XASR